Toronto’s Ty Sebastian Goes the Distance, and Then Some for the 15 inning Win
Described as “A Game for the Ages“, the Toronto Batmen and Galway Hitmen battled for 15 innings in a rain-delayed game, with 21 year old Mason McKay coming up big, with a walk-off inside the park home run in the bottom of the 15th inning to win the game, and with it, the Sr. Canadian Championship for the Toronto Batmen.
Ty Sebastian went the distance in the game for Toronto, allowing five hits and zero runs over 15 innings and striking out 22 while walking two.
Sean Cleary, the ace of the decade in the Sr. Canadians Championship was the tough luck loser, throwing 14 innings, striking out 24 and allowing just 5 hits over the 192 pitch game.
The Galway Hitmen won the Sr. Canadian Championship in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, and 2022 and finished 2nd in 2017. The Toronto Batmen are now the Defending Champions.
Ty Sebastian was named the Playoff Most Valuable Player.
Toronto Batmen’s Title Run
- Friday, Sept 1 – 6-5 Win over Bear Creek Express; WP-Tyler Randerson
- Friday, Sept 1 – 7-0 Win Over NL Physio & Co; WP-Ty Sebastian
- Saturday, Sept 2 – 7-0 Win over ON1 Niagara Stompers; WP-Ty Sebastian
- Saturday, Sept 2, 3-0 Win over Bear Creek Express; WP-Ty Sebastian
- Sunday, Sept 3, 1-0 Win over Defending Champions Galway Hitmen, 15 innings; WP-Ty Sebastian